So it turns out that there are 2 outlet malls (with Yankee Candle and Bath & Body Works) each about 1 hour from my new home in Maryland! Unfortunately, I know longer have Jenna as a partner in crime…but I really needed new running shoes and finally convinced my husband to accompany me!
Here are my notable mentions and finds! (There will also be a 2nd post of new tart scents coming soon!)
First of all…the Yankee Candle Outlet was having a Christmas in July sale. This display…and a few others with medium jars and tumblers…were set up at the front. AND Christmas music was playing! It’s too bad I’m not very organized right now….it would have been a great time to start Christmas shopping! There were no new Christmas scents that i could see.
1) Honey Glow, Yankee Candle: I really liked this scent! It is similar to a mash-up of Vanilla Oak and Amber Sunset. It had a pleasant musk note with a hint of sweetness and and almost woodsy or earthy note. It was very unique and smelled wonderful. It was also husband approved!
2) Enchanted Garden, Yankee Candle: Okay, this scented isn’t new, but definitely qualifies as a notable mention! Enchanted Garden was a Treasure from a few years ago. the scent is Evening Air, but the Lawn Gnome picture is just too cute!
3) Yankee Candle Pillars: I’m going to call this the “Garden” Collection. From the labels, I can’t tell if this pillar collection would be aimed for Homegoods or Yankee Candle stores.
3.1) Garden Herb and Wild Berry: Mixed feelings on these! I loved Wild Berry…it smelled like sun-ripened raspberries. Fresh red, and juicy! But, I didn’t care for Garden Herb. It smelled a tad artificial and perfumey. (In my opinion, Snap Peas by Bath & Body Works is vastly superior!)
3.2) Citrus Zest and Sunny Blossoms: Again, these were just okay. Citrus Zest was a little generic, but did remind me of the World Journey Sicilian Orange. Sunny Blossoms was also pleasant. I hate floral scents, but it smelled similar to Yankee Candle’s retired Sunflower scent!
4) I Love Fall 3-layer Candle, Bath & Body Works: Wow! I had never seen a tri-scented candle from BBW before! The layers are Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin, Sweater Weather, and Apple Pumpkin. Loved this idea and hope to see more!
5) Green Apple Orchard, Leaves, and Pumpkin Apple: The only new one here is Green Apple Orchard…and it’s great! A sour and sweet apple scent!
6) So Many Pumpkins, So Little Time, Bath & Body Works: This collection was just adorable! Pumpkin Cupcake, Pumpkin Pecan Waffles, Pumpkin Caramel Latte, Caramel Pumpkin, Vanilla Pumpkin, and Pumpkin Cider!
7) Smart Soap, Bath & Body Works: These soaps are new…they are no-touch dispensers. It’s a neat new idea that will hopefully catch on! But…the soap refills are more expensive that the regular soaps (3/&18). I’m on the fence about these so far….the scents are limited and more pricy, but I do like the idea!
Okay, so there are my finds at the outlet! Happy hunting!