Kari got me The New Zealand Wilberry world journey as a house-warming/birthday gift! I had never seen this one before so I was excited to smell it! Cold, it smells like fruit punch. I was afraid it would lose its strong fruit scent when lit (I’ve found that many fruit scents often do).
Thankfully this one did not disappoint. It smells amazing when lit and has a strong throw. When I light it in the living room, I can smell it all the way upstairs! This one is definitely at the top of my world journey list!! And it also makes me want to eat fruit roll-ups (which I’ve bought several times since first lighting this candle).
I’ve been in love with Yankee Candle’s Apple Pumpkin scent since the very first time I smelled it (as part of the limited edition Blue Ribbon line). Apple Pumpkin is now a fall seasonal scent!
The Scent: Apple Pumpkin is a blend of Spiced Pumpkin and Macintosh. It is the perfect autumn scent combining two of the most wonderful aromas of that crisp season! You get a dose of cinnamon-spiked pumpkin with swirls of juicy apple picked right from the tree! A
The Throw: Purely wonderful! This throw is a medium strong that will fill up a large room in about 10 minutes! This is a tart that I could burn all season long! A
I’ve reviewed Apple Pumpkin before…but it’s just so good that I have to continuously remind myself to keep a jar or tart on hand!
I stopped into Homegoods today and found two new Yankee Candle World Journeys!
1) Jamaica Rum Punch: This one was fantastic! I bought it as a late birthday/graduation present for Jenna (She just got her M.S.A.). It smells just like a fruit punch cocktail make with only fresh juices! Delicious!
2) New Zealand Peony: This one was way too floral for me…but it was a lovely flower-spring scent that reminded me slightly of cherry blossom! Not for me though!
Okay…so there you have it! Two brand new World Journeys! Happy hunting!
Jenna bought two Yankee Candle room sprays at the outlet for her new apartment…and I got to try them out!
Black Coconut: I love this scent! It is a tropical and creamy coconut. This spray is a tad lighter than the others I’ve tried, but the wonderful scent makes up for that (to me at least!)
Turquoise Sky: This one is strong and quickly dispersed a strong scent! Turquoise Sky is a fresh, ocean-y, almost masculine scent that Jenna absolutely loves!
I do enjoy the Yankee Candle room sprays, especially when they are on sale 3/$10…..they fill up a room and mask odors (like my cat’s litterbox)…but they disappear fairly quickly…which is common for room sprays!
So, on sale…I love them. Not on sale…I go for Glade
The highlight of Jenna and I’s trip to the Outlets was…of all things…the tealight section!
We were a bit disappointed in this trip, as there were very few new or hard-to-find candles. But the tealight section had so many scents that I haven’t seen in so long….and it looks like Yankee Candle has redesigned their tealights!
1) Orange Splash: This is perhaps the only scent I had never heard of before from our trip. Orange Splash is a fresh orange scent similar to the World Journey Sicilian Orange. We wondered if this scent was originally meant for the new spring line….or if it could be a new summer scent…or an older scent that has made a comeback. It was nice and citrus-y.
2) Tutti-Frutti: I absolutely love the retired scent of Tutti-Frutti. It is a ribbon candy-like scent of raspberry, blueberry, lemon, orange, strawberry, and maybe lime. It’s wonderful! The new tealights…as you will see in the pictures below….have a new box design, and the tealights are in what seemed to be glass or a much sturdier plastic.
3) Cinnamon & Sugar: Perhaps what surprised Jenna and I most about the tart section at the Outlet was all the throwback scents! Cinnamon & Sugar is another retired scent that was one of my favorites! It was a perfect winter/holiday scent of sweet and spicy cinnamon diluted by a ton of sugar! It also has slight caramelized notes!
4) Country Lemonade: I have a large tumbler of Country Lemonade that I have been hoarding! I love this very sweet and sugary take on lemonade! It;s perfect for the summertime!
5) Eggnog: I’ll be reviewing Eggnog in more detail in the future..it one of both my husband and I’s favorite wintertime scent! I’m still upset this scent was retired! The creamy vanilla, nutmeg, and custard-y scent is simply divine.
6)Water Garden: This is for Jenna…Water Garden is one of her all time favorites. The mix of greens, lotus blossoms, and fresh water make this a perfect springtime scent.
So….I went home empty handed. I’m getting ready to move, so candles are on my “don’t buy unless I cannot resist” list…..I already have enough candles to pack up and move!
Last week, Jenna and I also went to a Yankee Candle Outlet! We saw two new(er) World Journeys and found some notable mentions!
Here are some of the “highlights” of our trip
1. New England Maple Cream: Jenna and I were so hopeful with this scent! We are New Englanders and maple is a huge part of my husband’s life (he went to college in Vermont). But, the cold throw on this candle is soooooo light that I don’t even know what to say about it! Both of us have now passed over this candle twice because of the “barely there” cold throw. Has anyone burned this candle? Is it any good?
2) Australian Eucalyptus: This is one of the newest, and most elusive, World Journeys. It has a surprisingly pleasant scent…just like a few drops of eucalyptus oil in a humidifier. I feel like this would be an excellent scent to burn when your sick!
3) Garden Time: This is a limited edition candle that I have never seen. The label immediately grabbed my attention…it’s just so adorable! The scent is nice as well….very herbaceous and green. It smells like an herb garden with just a hint of dandelions and a dash of grass.
4) Creme Brulee: This was the first time I’ve ever seen Creme Brulee as a jar…it’s a retired Yankee Candle scent that I’ve seen tarts of here and there. It’s nothing special, in my honest opinion. It is light, with a slight vanilla custard scent…I was hoping for caramelized sugar! I’ll pass!
5) Banana: Wow did I love this creamy banana scent! This needs to become part of Yankee Candle’s line-up!
This is a part 1….part 2 will be up shortly and will feature the plethora of tealight scents we found (and the new Yankee Candle tealight style)!
But before I go…..I have to be a true fan girl and post this picture from the Boston Bruins (credit to the Boston Bruins http://bruins.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm)
I’m a huge hockey fan…and here are 3 Bruins Olympians who brought home medals (L to R): Loui Eriksson from Sweden (silver), Patrice Bergeron from Canada (gold), and Tuukka Rask from Finland (Bronze).
Pineapple Cilantro is a summer-time favorite of mine! It’s a seasonal scent at Yankee Candle, so it is available in stores now.
The tart I tried was one of Yankee Candle’s new(ish) easy-to-remove tarts! and it works! The next day, it easily popped out of my tart warmer without me having to warm it up or freeze it! I was shocked…this new tart totally changed my view of tart clean up!
The Scent: Sweet, tangy, tropical, juicy pineapple with a dash of the lime/herby cilantro. This is a true tropical scent that is pure pineapple bliss! A-
The Throw: Is a good one! This medium throw will filled up a large sized room and transform you out of winter and onto a tropical island! If you are looking for a medium to strong fruity throw, give this one a try! A-
So, not only was Pineapple Cilantro a great scent with a great throw, but these new easy remove tarts are fantastic!
Jenna just moved into a new apartment, and to celebrate we had a dinner “party” last week!
Jenna had many candles burning…she’ll be posting about her favorites later…but the centerpiece of the dinner was this beautiful votive holder.
How adorable, elegant, beautiful….. is this 5 votive holder???? She filled it with a combination of Cinnamon Roll and Maple Pancakes.
She bought it at an outlet in NY……our recommendation: never forget that Yankee Candle outlets have some of the best, and cheapest, accessories!
I normally hate chocolate candle scents, but I found Whoopie Pie to be surprisingly sweet!
The Scent: Brownie batter! This scent smelled like freshly baking brownies…..the part when they are very far from being actually finished, and the batter is just starting to set. I loved it…this is the truest “chocolate baking item” scent I’ve found. It is warm and sweet. I, however, only get the chocolate notes and none of the cream. Still delicious! A-
The Throw: Was actually really nice! It had a medium throw that completely filled up my living area! This candle will totally trick people into thinking you have a batch of brownies in the oven! B+
Whoopie Pie surprised me to say the least! It has a wonderful gooey chocolate scent and a very good throw! If you like chocolate of baked good scents, give this one a try!
Okay, so many of the reviews I’ve read about Bubblegum is that the throw is awful. The rumor is that Bubblegum will only be available as a mini (and not a 3-wick) because of the “poor throw” complaint via the test stores.
Regardless, I wanted to give Bubblegum a try! Base on the cold sniff, I was sold!
The Scent: This candle nailed the Pink Bubblegum scent. It reminds me of Bubbleyum gum…the sugary pink gum that I would chew on the softball field as a child! It is the classic bubblegum scent that is terrible for your teeth, but you just don’t care when you’re younger! My 8-year old niece loved this scent! She loves smelling my candles, and this one was an all time favorite of hers! A-
The Throw: Okay, while the throw was pretty weak, I would not classify this mini candle as “scentless” or having zero throw. In fact, the throw of Pink Bubblegum was actually the same, if not stronger than the throw to Lemon Drops. It was light, but carried slightly further than Lemon Drop. Overall, the throw was disappointing, so i completely understand why the Test Stores influenced B&BW to not make this available in a larger size. C
So, if you are nostalgic for some childhood pink bubblegum, try out this mini…but be warned that the throw will be best for a smaller sized room.