My husband and I recently changed phone companies….which involved us having to go to a T-Mobile store…which just so happened to be in a mall! I just had to pop into a Bath & Body Works!
Bath & Body Works has a bunch of new(ish) candle from their new Fall 2014 scents! Here are some of the highs and lows! Note, there were no good deals, so I passed on the candles! I refuse to buy 3-wicks unless there is at least a 2/$25 sale going on (plus a 20% coupon) ;)
1) Cayenne Caramel: I’m not going to lie, I was so excited to sniff this scent. I loved this idea of sweet and spicy (in fact, one of my favorite desserts is cayenne chocolate mouse). But what a disappointment! It was basically scentless when I sniffed it.
2) Vanilla Chai: Wow was this one great! In fact, it was wonderful! I recently gave a terrible review to Yankee Candle’s new Vanilla Cinnamon…..this is a vanilla & cinnamon scent that was everything I hoped YC’s Vanilla Cinnamon would be! It’s creamy, spicy, warm….and wonderful autumn blend!
3) Wasabi Apple, Bourbon Butterscotch, Blackberry Bramble Tea, & Sea Salt Maple Popcorn: Wow does Bath & Body Works have some fun new scents this year! Wasabi Apple smelled mostly like a green apple scent with a slight “hotness” of wasabi. If you’re ever has wasabi, it’s a weird hot, not spicy, taste. It balanced nicely with the sweet & sour apple. Bourbon Butterscotch was amazing… it was predominantly butterscotch with a tiny dash of bourbon. Fans of Hot Buttered Rum from Yankee Candle will like this scent! Blackberry Bramble Tea was a wonderful berry scent…like blackberries that have been tossed with sugar! The tea notes are slight, but still wonderful! It was more berry than tea, but fans of Blackberry Tea will like this scent (but wish for a tad more tea!). I had higher hopes for Sea Salt Maple Popcorn, but it was still nice. A maple glaze with a sweet country kettle popcorn. I wish the sea salt scent was a bit stronger.
4) Mini Mason Jars and Banana Nutmeg Bread Pudding: These mini jars are so adorable…I totally regret note buying the 3 for $12! I have their normal mason jar for a size reference! Adorable! I really liked Banana Nutmeg Bread Pudding…banana is hard to do for candles and not smell totally like Runts candies! This one reminded me of Banana Bread, but with all the best notes enhanced: more banana, more spiciness from the nutmeg, and a gooeyness that made me want banana bread!
5) Pink Apple Punch, Sparkling Berry Fizz, Watermelon Lemonade, and Mango Coconut Cooler: To be honest, I can’t even remember what Sparkling Berry Fizz and Mango Coconut Cooler smells like…..There were a lot of new scents, so my nose was a bit overwhelmed. I loved Pink Apple Punch…it was a much perfected tropical fruit punch scent! And, of course, Watermelon Lemonade is a boss!
So lots of new scents! I can’t wait to try Banana Nutmeg Bread Pudding and Vanilla Chai!